A bit delayed as always, but I never want to miss an opportunity record my precious time with Patriot!
- birth story
- one month
- two month
- three month
- four month
- five month
- sixth month
- seventh month
- eight month
Patriot Peter Lampard
Nine Months Old
Wears 9-12 months clothes
- Wedding – We were thrilled to celebrate Peter’s cousin, Emily’s, wedding to Matt!
- Visit to Mexico – More on this to come! We traveled there for Emily and Matt’s wedding
- Visit to Chicago – A short visit on our way to Mexico. View my Long Layover Guide
- Meeting his cousin Theo and Uncle Mike and Aunt Marie in Chicago
- Beach time in Hong Kong over a long holiday weekend with Mom and Dad
- Playing with kitchen tools and banging on pots and pans
- Standing on everything
- Playing in the dirt from our plants (and eating it, if we don’t catch him in time)
- Ripping books off the shelves
- Tearing off the leaves from our plants
- Splashing in water
- Crawling everywhere
- Playing at the park
- Being restricted from playing with dirt/plants/books etc.
- Having his diaper changed
- Changing clothes
- Being laid down on his back (mostly for diaper changes)
- Being away from Mom – Pate had some serious separation anxiety this month. While we were in Mexico, I could barely put him down at all!
His sleep is changing and improving, though he is not sleeping through the night by any means. For naps while Peter and I are at work, he falls asleep in his nanny’s arms and she moves him to sleep in his own pack ‘n play. He is still taking 2-3 naps a day.
At night, he sometimes still needs to nurse to sleep with me, but he can now also fall asleep on his own with me laying next to him. We will read or do another activity to wind down, then he will crawl and let off the last bits of his energy before laying down together. He will babble and talk to me before slowly drifting off to sleep.
He has also started “comfort sucking” less and less though he still wakes 3-4 times a night for 5-10 minute milk sessions.
Pate is still having lots of breastmilk either from me or from a bottle. He is continuing with baby led weaning and loves to eat. His favorite food is plain yogurt. He eats three meals a day, though sometimes he prefers milk at dinnertime.