Wow! It feels so surreal to be writing that Patriot is now 7 months old. I think I say this every month but this last month really did fly by.
Before I know it, my sweet little buddy will be one year old!
Until then, I’ll be soaking up all the cuddles and kisses that I can. Especially since he’s not able to crawl away from me (yet!).
Patriot Peter Lampard
wears size medium cloth diapers
wears 6-12 mo clothes
- New Years! (and lumpia making!)
- Meeting Uncle Joe and Auntie Juddie and more relatives!
- Meeting all of his cousins and his Auntie Gabby and Uncle Tim
- Birthday cake! (it was to celebrate his 6 month birthday, but because his cousins all had the flu, we didn’t have the cake until he was nearly halfway to 7 months)
- Eating solid foods! His first meal was chicken tamales with avocado and a spicy salsa (he is a Texan baby after all!)
- Lots and lots of other first foods
- Home sewn outfit from Mama
- NBA game – Houston Rockets vs Golden State Warriors
- Meeting Mama’s college friends (an awesome and surreal experience for me!)
- Mini crawl
- Missed his first flight (a first for me too, I think!)
- Breakfast in bed
- Moved to a new apartment in Hong Kong and had his first housewarming party
- Holding himself up while standing
- Drinks from a cup
- Teeth! He has two adorable little teeth
- Food! So much food! His favorites are yogurt and fruit.
- Milk! He’s still all about fresh milk and started refusing bottles (he’ll drink from a cup though)
- Mama – he sometimes gets very clingy and only wants me. I don’t hate it. Sorry, Dad!
- Baths – he used to hate them but now he loves splashing and playing
- Standing up with help from me or furniture around the house
We had 2 very rough weeks after we arrived back from the US. It was perhaps a combination of jet lag, teething, and the 6 month sleep regression. Then the last week we managed to have 2 excellent nights of sleep where he only woke up twice (!) in the night. It’s like he knows when I’m about to reach my breaking point so he gives me a bit of rest before he resumes the sleep deprivation training.
We are still bed sharing at night and he naps in his Pack n Play during the day.
Patriot has jumped right in to 3 meals a day. He is still having breastmilk throughout the day and before each meal, either from me or from a cup or bottle.
He absolutely loves food and eating solids. We are doing baby led weaning and it’s so interesting to see the foods Pate enjoys, how his eating skills have improved over time, and how he reacts to new foods.