Patriot Peter Lampard
Five Months Old
wears 3-6 months clothes and size small on his cloth diapers
- Can sit in the tripod position (though he’d rather not)
- Traveled to Rwanda with Mama and Gammy (more posts on that trip soon!)
- Rolls often from side to side and can roll from back to belly and belly to back (though he really doesn’t want to)
- First music festival
- Traveled to California with Mama and Daddy (more photos/posts coming soon!)
- First Thanksgiving
- First road trip // from San Francisco to Cayucos and back before driving up to Healdsburg (Don’t let this smile fool you. He hates being in the car!)
Jumping with support
Talking and babbling endlessly
Eating his fingers
Putting everything into his mouth
Sleeping next to Mama
Most of this month we were dealing with jet lag. At one point Pate had been in 3 continents in one week. He spent most of the month (except for a few short days where we attempted “sleep training”) sleeping next to me in bed or on top of me on a plane.
Now that I am back to work full time, I really love bed sharing more than ever. I love the extra cuddle time and I think Patriot sleeps much better next to me. He hardly makes a peep at night and I feel much more rested now that I don’t both with trying to get up, feed Pate, move him back into his bed (repeat 4x a night).
I love his warm little body snuggled next to me and I love his warm baby breath in my face in the mornings. For those of you without children, that probably sounded super creepy. But for those of you who DO have children, you know what I mean!
The only thing that smells better than my baby’s head is my baby’s breath.
Breastmilk (from me or from a bottle) every 2-4 hours.