Wow! I’m a bit behind on this recap of Pate’s last month. As I’m writing this, he is 4.5 months old and time seems to be going by more and more quickly (read his birth story, one month recap, two month recap, three month recap)
In the last month, I went back to work part time. I’m so lucky to have this type of transition back to work and to get to spend more time with Patriot while he’s still a teeny tiny babe. He is changing so much every day and I don’t want to miss too much!
Patriot Peter Lampard
Four Months Old
wears 3-6 months clothes and size small on his cloth diapers
- First hike
- First day on the beach
- First swim at the beach – (He didn’t love it)
- Lime licks – we may have let Patriot lick a fresh lime and laughed watching his reaction
- 100 Days – In Chinese culture, reaching 100 days old is a milestone in a baby’s life. We celebrated Patriot becoming 100 days old with his Great Aunt and Great Uncle and his newly named godfather, Norman.
- Visited one of Dad’s project sites
- First Halloween – Happy Halloween from Mr. Patriot Peter “Lamb”pard. I made Patriot’s costume myself and while I may be biased, I thought he was the cutest little lamb in Hong Kong. At less than 4 months old, Pate already had a busy Halloween party schedule. He had a Halloween costume party at Baumhaus where he does Kindermusik classes every week and he had a Halloween picnic in the park.
- Tummy time – Patriot’s neck is getting so strong. Tummy time still isn’t his favorite but look at this strong man!
- Shoes – His smallest pair finally fit (though he kicks them off during playtime)
- Kicking and generally flailing his arms around
- Eating his hands
- Putting everything in his mouth
- Sleeping in your arms or in a carrrier/wrap
- Babbling on and on and on (especially in the morning after he wakes up)
- Laughing and smiling
- Airplane mode
What is sleep? We tried a few different things this month. Knowing we had a lot of travel coming up and a lot of timezones to be crossed, we opted not to get into too much of a routine or strict sleep method. We did finally set up his Pack n Play in our bedroom and tried to get him to sleep in his DockATot in the Pack n Play for as many naps as possible. With the help of his amazing nanny, we also tried to enforce more of a routine before naps to help him fall asleep more easily and I do put him down for bed around 7PM every evening.
Unfortunately at night, I basically throw all of that out the window and he sleeps next to me in bed. Yes, we are bed sharing. Yes, I love it. No, I’m not worried that he’ll never move into his own bed (yes, Peter is though).
I LOVE cuddling with Pate as we sleep in the night but bed sharing also helps me get more sleep. It’s so much easier to just stuff my boob in his mouth when he wakes up in the night than to get up > pick him up> feed > try to transfer him back into his own bed.
I’ve stopped tracking how often he wakes up at night but it is still quite often.
Still directly breastfeeding about every 2 hours. Occasional bottle feed with expressed milk.