30 feels a long way away right now. In less than a month I’ll still be a fairly young lady of 24, but since it appears I have (at least temporarily) strayed off the traditional route of working full time right after graduating from college, it’s easy to feel anxious about the future.
That anxiety makes 30 feel like it’s creeping up more quickly than it actually is.
Especially when one is far from home or unemployed or single or having to regress to asking their parents for money.
Or even worse- any combination of the above
If you had asked me at 12 or 16 or 21 where I thought I’d be at (almost) 24, I think I would’ve said generally the same thing. And I’m definitely not that “thing” afterall.
But that’s not too bad is it?
I’m traveling the world. Finding out what I’m passionate about and having so many adventures that honestly it was a bit hard to come up with 30 things I want to do before I turn 30.
This list made me realize that damn, I have already done a lot by 24.
So I see you 30. Bring. It. On.
30 Before 30
Travel to AfricaMy first trip was to Rwanda!
- Buy my own car
- Ski in the US
- Have a “go to” karaoke song
Find a job I loveLearn more here Go kayakingand in the most beautiful place too!
- Wear sunscreen regularly
- Bake a pie completely from scratch
- Actually floss daily
- Go to an NFL game
- Learn to drive stick shift/manual transmission
- Learn the basics of another language
- Pay for someone’s meal behind me in a drive thru
- Grow (some) of my own vegetables
- Travel somewhere completely solo
- Pay off my student loans
- Go to a movie alone
- Take a spontaneous weekend trip
- Go bungee jumping
- Own stocks
- Design and code my own blog
- Cook the Thanksgiving turkey all by myself
- Road trip through the US
- Learn the basics of Photoshop
Throw a housewarming party Have a job based somewhere other than Texas
- Do my own blowout (aka nicely blow-dry my own hair)
Come up with my own recipes
- Volunteer somewhere regularly
- Be happy with myself and my life whether anything on this list actually comes to fruition or not